Selling my Brother HL 1250

Posted by reto on 27 February, 2006 22:09

In case you're interested in a Brother HL 1250 with a most likely defective drum unit, you may start bidding now. But please understand that I will not ship it anywhere. It's for take away only :)

web 2.0

Posted by reto on 25 February, 2006 17:48

I finally found an application worth the bad buzzword Web 2.0. It's called wankr and is still in beta, but go ahead and be an early adopter! :)

Slashdot Readers on Virus Statistics

Posted by reto on 19 February, 2006 23:36

I've already quoted a similar conversation between /. readers, but this one even tops it!
wormnet.org: Not very long ago, when the Kama Sutra (Nyxem.E, MyWife, whatever) worm was released to the world it seemed to take absolutely forever to find anyone with a solution for the removal or even the detection of the thing. [...]

Anonymous Coward: Your post is never going to compile dude. MyWife is supposed to be the first argument of KamaSutra().
(quoted from /. article comments)

Got it? - /. humor is probably not for the mainstream, but I had a good laugh :P

Speed up your Website

Posted by reto on 11 February, 2006 13:05

Compressed Websites are fasterAfter reading the discussion about php-based gzip compression of pages LifeType is serving, I thought I should dive deeper into the server based compression possibilities of websites. Read on for a short comparison between compression with PHP and compression with Apache2.

 (More)

Why I hate Internet Explorer

Posted by reto on 02 February, 2006 23:19

I was trying to display a menu I created with a listing correctly in IE for about 1.5h googling myself to death and trying about every hack, until I found out that:
This is called the IE Whitespace-in-Lists Bug, and it's a result of placing a block level anchor in the list item. The simple fix is to set the <li> to display:inline. This cures the bug without any side effects in compliant browsers.
This basically means that if you have something like:
<ul>
 <li><a href="#">Link 1</a></li>
 <li><a href="#">Link 2</a></li>
 <li><a href="#">Link 3</a></li>
 <li><a href="#">Link 4</a></li>
</ul>
and define a { display: block; } IE will create an extra new line between each listing.
Yes, the fix was indeed simple, I was just quering for the wrong keywords for too long... Thank you, IE!

Categories

Links

Recently...

Recent Comments

Feed URL

Archives

Syndicate

Useless Info

Bad Behavior has blocked 72 access attempts in the last 7 days.